Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hello my lovelies,

Today is my first official day of summer vacation! I am experience nostalgia of childhood. Remember those days? Waking up to the sun shining, cartoons singing, and a bowl of your favourite cereal. Yes, those were the days. The days were filled with no worries or cares only thinking about which friend would come over and play pretend.

I have interviewed hundreds of kids over the course of the past year. I asked them what is their favourite game? Their response both confuses, and saddens me. The common consensus was video games, and television.Todays youth know nothing of the simple pleasures of my past, that have gave me such majestic experiences. What will become of their outlook on life, and their lack of imagination?

I never grew up, and my imagination is still wildly fascinating.

As a "grown-up" in a fast paced world with less time for the simple pleasures I begin observing those around me. I wonder what sort of simple joys do people find stimulating. Much of society finds drinking, and drugs their outlet for fun. On the other hand, the minority can find joys in the simplest of places. The simplicity and fulfillment of a cup of tea on a rainy day, a great book, a fantastic yoga session, picking flowers in a field, catching up with an old friend, or looking at the clouds and imagining the shapes that are forming.

Never forget to enjoy the simple pleasures, because my loves they indeed are the pleasures that speak directly to our heart.

Love, Love, Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment